Thursday, November 14, 2013

#MicahAsks - What are you thankful for?



A loving community whose warmth and support was palpable throughout my 5 years of rabbinical school; rabbis and the board and other leaders who gave me the chance to be a student rabbi at Micah; Lisa, Michael, and Daniel, who continue to inspire and aide my songleading; Julie who never stops giving and sharing her genius; an office that punches above its weight and has for years (thanks Todd!); one of the most beautiful sanctuaries in the world (both hemispheres); services where the names of my grandparents are still read each year, even in my absence, and even though no one at Micah ever knew them; an environment where The Jacob Project and You CAN Help could take flight and flourish; oh...and the place that taught me that the first thing to do upon arrival at Torah study is TURN THE COFFEE ON!! (That hard-learned bit of wisdom still comes in handy).
--Rabbi Roberts


I love the warm and inviting atmosphere at Micah and the fact that Rabbi Flip and Rabbi Laurie are dazzlingly gifted orators! -AVS

The Big Ones: Health, Love, Family, Friends, Well-Being, Judaism, Micah, Seasons, Creativity, Falling Leaves and Budding Flowers (Seasons), Technology (yes), Art...and More. And, especially, the "little" (not so little any more) ones -- our grand-children. -JM

I'm grateful to have found such a wonderful community with which to share my spiritual journey and have lots of fun along the way! -LS 

No comments:

Post a Comment